December 20, 2011

STOP THE LIES! “Friends with Benefits” do not become Husband & Wife???


After watching “Friends with Benefits” and “No Strings Attached” I just feel the need to say something. I am sick & tired of how much Hollywood fakes the funk. There is no one I know (let me say it again) No one I know ends up happily ever after with their F Buddy. SIMPLE.
Let me break it down. If and when two people decide to hook up for purely physical reasons it means that one or both of them do not and will not consider a real relationship developing.
When a female agrees to hook up with a guy even though she has true feelings for him then she should un-CLOUD her brain & heart and understand that Mr. Dk ain’t feeling her on any level more than a pleasure outlet.
I keep having these conversations with people talking about men and women cannot be just friends. I OBJECT! Case in point my boy David hooked up with this chic Natalie*, they had absolutely nothing in common but sex. At no point in time did either of them think the situation will escalate to the next level because it was never anything more than two friends helping each other out.
Their friendships was even as far as taking relationship advice & introducing each other to potential life partners knowing full well that it will cut into their physical time together.
Natalie knew that David was just was not the ONE. She could never present him as her man or anything.
Don’t get me wrong, David is a good looking man and upper middle class citizen. He is capable of taking care of a family. However the two could not phantom either one being “the ONE”
Fast forward 9 years later.  Natalie is happily married with two children and David still unmarried, has a child with another woman and they are still friends BUT no longer hook up with each other. This is NOT an exception to the rule. This is the rule *period*
If two people are considering being F.W.B. and one of the parties has a hint of any kinds of feeling THEN there shouldn’t be any hook up happening.
RUN far far away from that “state of affairs” no pun intended. That is the simple and straight forward rule of thumb to a successful F Buddy relationship.

*I have changed character names to protect my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment